For every shoe, leads a different life....

For every shoe, leads a different life....

Sunday, May 6, 2018

It's a WHAT?

Well folks, I never blog! I want to all the time but never get around to it. But I felt this was a moment worth taking the time to blog about. So, on Easter I woke up from a nap, knowing I had an email revealing our new baby's gender. I knew the answer with every fiber of my being. I will say I've known with the first and this one, only! I thought I knew with the second and third, however I think my wants/desire's really clouded my judgement. Although, I will say, when you truly KNOW something, you know it deep down, despite other feelings. So deep down I knew number two and three were going to be boys. I just didn't want to admit it. Now back to this baby and the gender. At about 10.5 weeks, I took a blood test to find out the babies gender! I highly recommend SneakPeekTest.com !!!! They are affordable compared to doing the test through the doctors office and coming out of pocket. You can do it as early as 9 weeks! And, if they're wrong, they will refund 100% of your money back. In addition to all of that, its super quick! It took no more than 5 days to get results from order date! And I ordered on a Saturday night! It was awesome! Highly highly recommend if you're impatient like my husband and I! Back to Easter. As soon as I woke up from my nap, I KNEW. I knew I had the email and I knew what it'd say! It revealed what I had so badly wanted number two and three times. hahaha It was a girl! What? Yeah, you read that right! A girl. What the crap am I going to do with a GIRL???? After three boys???? A girl! SERIOUSLY? I wasn't happy. I wasn't happy at all. Which will come as a huge shock to those who were close to me when I found out number two and three were boys! This pregnancy was a complete surprise. Very unplanned. In fact, right before I got pregnant, I had just told a friend that I had really gotten to this place of peace that number three was our last biological child. (my husband and I still want to adopt!) I also had become completely confident and comfortable in being a boy Mom! I think no matter the gender, there's always an adjustment period after you have a baby! So after my third, given that we did a PCS (military move for those who don't speak military. hahaha!), my husband was deployed constantly, it took me well over 1.5 years to finally start feeling like I could piece my life back together! I wasn't as stressed, I wasn't as overwhelmed and number three has turned out to be my Momma's boy and I LOVED it! I did feel slightly sad that my husband would never get to experience being a girl dad. I thought he'd be so cute with a little girl. But as far as I was concerned, I was so pleased to have a momma's boy who loves the crap out of me, two other boys who have taken on a protection roll over me and to be the ONLY girl in the household. I mean, it has it's perks! Seriously! When we're out to eat as a family, I don't have to make the bathroom runs. I'm the only girl! My husband does that. When I want to go for a pedicure? No one wants to go! I get to go with JUST me and it only costs the price of one! I mean, literally, I had gotten to the place of loving where God had me and being super grateful for what I have. I literally said to this friend I was chatting with "I don't want a girl, it'd honestly throw everything off!!!" So the very minute I found out I was pregnant unexpectedly, I KNEW it was a girl! I absolutely knew. I didn't want it to be,  to the point I was literally praying for a boy! It was such a change for me. The third I wanted to be a girl so over the top badly! It was such a turn around for me. So I do mean that when I found out my deep suspicions were correct, I was so unhappy and sick to my stomach. It's so funny what our desires do to our heads sometimes. hahaha So I'm preparing to announce to the world that we are having a girl. I'm expecting everyone will assume I'm so beyond thrilled. And here's the plain truth. It's weird. It's awkward and not exactly desired. HOWEVER, it's my child! When she actually arrives I will be happy and love her more than I know possible! But until then, it's weird. When I started my registry, it felt weird. I almost felt like a fish out of water. Everything I thought I would like for a potential girl of mine, just, didn't do it for me. I apparently just want simple. It's just odd. hahaha! But guess what? That's okay! These are all natural feelings I would feel after having three boys. hahaha! And I'm accepting it! :-) So there's my story/feelings on finding out our fourth was going to be a girl! I can tell you that one thing has remained. I HATE monogramming and I HATE......HATE outfits like these!




After all of that being said....Welcome aboard Scheuby4! We have lots of laughs, dance moves, opinions and attitudes! You'll fit in just fine around here no matter your gender! <3 






No comments:

Post a Comment