For every shoe, leads a different life....

For every shoe, leads a different life....

Monday, August 3, 2015

Pop Pop

Since my laptop is broken, I discovered that my blog has an app. Brilliant! Hopefully this post turns out halfway decent and hopefully and hopefully my laptop gets fixed soon. But this post simply could not wait!

Popcorn! Its my all time favorite snack. I can seriously eat bag after bag. I really shouldn't admit this to the public, but I will inhale a bucket of popcorn all by myself, at the movie theaters. Its my thing. Im pretty sure my pregnancy with my first child was mainly fueled by popcorn. However, over the years (after watching it appear over and over again on the top 5 worst foods to eat, list) I've cut back drastically on how much I eat. I really only allow myself to eat microwave popcorn half a couple times a year! I don't own an air popper and who wants to stand over the stove top shaking a pot waiting for kernels to pop? Not me! One day, I saw this brief Facebook post about making your own popcorn with paper lunch bags. I put paper bags and kernels on my list for next time I was at the store. It took me months to finally try it out. It was an amazing success and way better than the microwave kind at the store! How did I do it? Well, friends, let me share with you! :-)

Here are a the ingredients you will need. I made Kettle Korn.

1) 4tbls of Kernels
2) 3tsp of Oil
3) 2tbls of Sugar
4) Sprinkle of Salt
5) Paper lunch bag

That's it! You'll want to mix the kernels and ingredients in a bowl before throwing them into a bag! You want to make sure the kernels are all coated in oil. Then add sugar and salt. Then pour into the bag. I suggest putting the bag on a paper plate only because the bag isn't all that thick and the oil leaks through. It will be fine without a paper plate...but I found the plate to save on mess. Haha Anyways, you'll fold over the bag a few times then out it in the microwave. Watch it carefully! No longer than 2min and 30 seconds. You wanna wait til the pops get to be 1 second apart between pops. After that, open carefully like you would a microwave bag and enjoy!!!! Sooooo yum and way healthier than the stuff in the store!

I have pictures but it would appear the app is not going to let me post them. But check back in frequently. Hopefully soon I can add pictures! :-)

Happy Popping!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm!!! Good idea! And you can control how much salt, sugar etc, or even add other flavors you love! How fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you can make it what you want it. Instead of popping a bag full of "I don't know what" lol Hey! If you experiment and find a good mixture/recipe, comment on here and post it! I'd love to hear it! Also, since making multiple bags, I've stopped using 4tbl of oil. You definitely don't need that much. I just drop some oil in a bowl, put the kernels in there and then stir them around making sure each one is coated. That's really all you need to do! Also, I stop the microwave once it really gets popping to shake it around. That way it doesn't stick to the bag! :-)

      Delete