For every shoe, leads a different life....

For every shoe, leads a different life....

Monday, July 13, 2015

Toys

I think I've decided that I'm getting rid of all the boys toys! I remember so often my mom yelling at us that she was gonna throw away all our toys if we didn't clean them up. I remember how every spring (I think that's when it was) she would come into our rooms and purge. Broken toys? Trash. Toys you haven't looked at in a year? Trash or given to someone else. In all honesty, I didn't mind it that much. Because the things I REALLY cared about were always tucked away where they should be. Or I was currently playing with them. Barbies, American Girl Dolls and dress up almost never got thrown away. I remember loving the clean feeling of purging. Feeling like everything had a place and purpose. My sister and I shared a room, so it's not like we had a lot of space to work with. I even remember the day my Mom got us big Rubbermaid containers for under our bunk bed. We put our Barbies in those! I believe we put Polly Pockets in those as well. Plus the 2 Barbie cars we had went under the bed. It made me feel so happy to have it so organized and clean. Of course, I loved to drag out toys like the next kid. But I really did not realize that I loved organization so much. New containers would just stir something deep inside of me. "Oooo...new containers!" I even loved to sniff them! Don't ask! I have a thing for sniffing books, containers and babies breath (not the flower). Once I got my own house I honestly became too lazy to organize much. Plus we moved around so much in the beginning. Plus we had a very low budget. lol As much as I love Rubbermaid containers, they're not all that cheap. Even though, to be honest, if I could have a whole house full of those things, I'd be in heaven. Anyways, I've seriously just galloped down a bunny trail and even forgot why I was blogging. *sigh* Mom life, am I right? Anywho, back to the topic. Any time I think about what my favorite toys were, they were always pretty simple. I mean, obviously Barbies, American Girl Dolls and Polly Pockets were on the top chart. But I remember we had friends who moved to our home town. Their Dad built them an entire basement of box houses/tunnels. It was the MOST magnificent thing I'd ever seen. The amount of hours we spent down there....psht! I mean....we were always down there. Of course we had to bring in blankets, pillows and anything to make it "homey". But that's it! Boxes! Thats what made us happy! I even think back on the boys when they were little. The things they loved best were pots, pans, spoons and boxes. Why do I even have an entire playroom FULL of toys? Why did it take us ALL DAY Sunday to clean up the playroom? I don't have time for that crap? If I had a playroom full of boxes, blankets, pillows, pots, pans and spoons...Psht! They'd probably never bother me ever again! Plus, can you imagine clean up? Never stepping on a Lego! Whaaaaaa?!?! All this is to say....from now on, all birthdays and Christmases, my children will receive boxes (maybe I'll even toss in some wrapping paper), pots/pans and blankets. That's it! I know I know. You don't believe me. Honestly, I don't believe myself! But just wait til I have to go back and clean up their playroom again. I'll be back to it! "All toys in trash!!!!! Only boxes and pots/pans for gifts from now on!" Psht! Who am I kidding? The second I see something they'd like, I'll probably buy it. And seriously, do we actually expect me to be able to regulate how much my Mom (their Grummy) buys them? Come on! Let's be honest. I'm screwed. For the next 18 years, probably! Toys. *sigh* Toys!

No comments:

Post a Comment