For every shoe, leads a different life....

For every shoe, leads a different life....

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Monthly Chore Charts...

In case you don't know me and happen upon this article, let me explain something to you. I am NOT OCD however, I definitely love organization and keeping things in a routine. However, due to life and how it usually goes....so much falls to the wayside. I mean, let's face it, we're not Jesus. We will never be perfect, we will never be on top of everything 100% of the time. That's not God's desire for us! We wouldn't need HIM otherwise. I'm not gonna list everything that has prohibited me from being on top of my housewife game but I will tell you that I've never been one to do EVERYTHING housewife wise, that I need to. Which isn't exactly characteristic of me. I enjoy organizing even though mentally it overwhelms me at times. I finally decided (with some persistent pushing from someone) to conquer my weaknesses and channel it into productivity. Guys! I am here to tell you that it's life changing!!!!!! LIFE.CHANG.ING! Personally for me, I have to write things out. My husband hates it. He thinks everything can be done easy peasy on a computer. I love computers, but I'm more traditional. I process better with good 'ol fashioned paper and pen. So when you see the picture I'm going to add at the end of this blog post, don't judge. I'm sure I misspelled some things and some things you may not understand. But I cannot recommend enough figuring out a monthly chore chart that works for you. There are so many online templates that you can just plug in the chores you want to do when. Or you can do what a friend of mine is doing, print out a blank month, laminate it and then add things as you want! I chose to hand write mine and pre-assign chores to my children and I. I also chose to star things that are only once a month and to write out a separate quarterly chore chart. In addition to doing this, I recommend posting it where everyone can see it. My boys have gotten used to it in just a matter of a month! Every day they wake up and say "What's today's chore, Mom?" My oldest can read, but why read when you can just ask mom! ;-) I have to say that I love many things about this chore chart, but one of the biggest reasons I love it, is because it gives us some purpose. Some way to feel accomplished at the end of the day even when chaos is in full swing! It gives my boys a purpose and sense of accomplishment as well. When my husband is home, it's easy for him to see what's going on for the day without even asking! Seriously, it took me quite awhile to do this, but I can't believe I lived so long without it! You can copy mine, or find something that works for you! Do it! Seriously DO IT! You won't regret it and you can thank me later! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment