For every shoe, leads a different life....

For every shoe, leads a different life....

Monday, January 8, 2018

Neighbors and Coffee...

Neighbors and Coffee, two words that go together! I am a military spouse and in the almost 9 years of marriage, this is the first time I've lived in military housing. I'm very grateful because my experience has been amazing. We've lived here going on 2 years. My house is attached, by a garage, to one neighbor and on the other side is a decent sized lot/gap between that neighbor. It's been an awesome blessing because I've become so close to both of those neighbors plus one across the street and another on the same side of the street as me but two doors down. That's 4 amazing neighbors. How does that happen? That you become blessed with 4 people who you see day in and day out! It's a miracle, honestly! It didn't take us any time to find out that we all (minus one!) LOVE coffee!!!!! Like, LOVE! So it's become a thing that we have get together's at each other's houses for coffee. Even the one who doesn't love coffee will bring her hot chocolate! We just sit around and chat and laugh over hot cups of beverage. It doesn't happen as frequently as I think we'd like. But it's so nice to have that in a place where you make your home! Growing up I've dealt with neighbors who were aggressively nasty. I remember my parents having the cops called on them and visa versa. It was awful! Because the reality is that you can't control which neighbors you get. So I thank God that there's coffee. I also thank God that I have such amazing neighbors. Especially with a constantly deployed spouse, it's important to recognize that blessing. So neighbors and coffee, two things I'm extremely grateful for today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment