For every shoe, leads a different life....

For every shoe, leads a different life....

Monday, October 12, 2015

First Week Down

So we officially completed our first full week of Homeschooling! Phew! One day, many (MANY) more to go! We honestly did a lot more of easy stuff, review and just simply settling into a routine! The boys LOVE school! When I say LOVE, I mean, they beg for school. When they found out we don't do school on the weekends, you would've thought I took their favorite stuffed animal! I love their enthusiasm! Despite Theo being out of town all week, my work schedule, swim lessons, Christmas Musical Practice, dance class, and various other stressful things, I feel I held it together very well! I can't say that I didn't have a single frustration during schooling. Honestly, it's not hard to teach Kindergarten...but what is hard, is juggling two very different children who are on different learning levels at the same time! If I had more free time, I might consider schooling individually. This balancing act takes much practice and concentration on my part. Our typical school day runs about an hour long! Which is more than plenty of time of concentrated school time! The boys have taken very well to routine! I think we've missed that this summer. Our schedule has kinda been all over the place and even though they don't specifically know the days of the week/events...I'm surprised that they kinda guess just based off routine. I know every parents says their kids are smart. But I'm constantly surprised how much my children actually know. Oldest Son IB is particularly smart and inquisitive. He's already asked  how babies get here. I've shown him pictures of sperm and egg and I'm pretty sure he gets it. I find myself having to tell him things just because he's smart enough to know something is going on but maybe not exactly what. For example, we decided to tell them earlier on about the baby. At first I didn't want to. It day after day, it became more and more apparent that he knew I was "off" and something was going on. I don't really know how to explain in words how curious, inquisitive and observant he is. As soon as we told him about the baby, you could totally see his gears connecting dots! It made sense! He understood! I'm eager to teach them more! They're clearly eager to know more! Youngest (soon to be middle child) CH is doing very well. Last year he had a very hard time sitting still and paying attention. He very much struggles with being a bit more hyper active, but his focus is definitely there. He WANTS to know! He wants to learn! Back before I had children, working with Kindergartners were my favorite thing. Ages 4-6 are the best ages in my opinion. They're so curious about the world and starting to be old enough to grasp some of it. Their natural love for learning shows so clearly. I'm going to enjoy this school year! As challenging as it is, and believe me, it's not walk in the park. I will be grateful and blessed for homeschooling! This is just the first of many weeks to come!

For all of you who prayed for our school week, thank you! :-) I feel prayer is really what got me to hold up and last through it all! So thank you! :-)

Proverbs 22:6 - Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment