For every shoe, leads a different life....

For every shoe, leads a different life....

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

How a REAL Homeschool Day Looks!

So remember that nice little previous blog post? Where I outlined how our homeschool day looked and how it was going to be? Well here's what really happened starting from when I got off work.


9am-Arrive at OB office
10:45am-Leave OB office
11am-Arrive at sitters to pick up kiddos
11:15am-Arrive home, realize my cell phone has low battery annnnnnd realize I left my only phone charger at work and Theo has taken all of his.
11:15am-11:30am-Quickly get kids to strip outta clothes (that came in contact with cats), shower them, change them into clean clothes
11:45am-Head back out the door to go back to work to get my cell charger
12:15pm-Swing in McDonalds...because with how the mornings gone, Mom has lost all energy and is feeling quite discouraged. So happy meals for all! Plus, bonus....when we get back home, straight to nap!
12:20pm-Get to work, run in, get charger, update front desk lady on baby and how I saw baby move etc
12:45pm-Arrive back home
12:46pm-NAP TIME!!!!!!!
1pm-4pm-NAPS ALL AROUND!!!!!!!
4:15pm-4:30pm-Snack time!
4:30pm-4:45pm-Start School! Pledge of Allegiance, Memorizing Bible Verse and Prayer
4:45pm-5:30pm-Schooling. We practiced counting, writing names, singing alphabet, working on Thank-You Cards, Shape cards and fun coloring and stamping time.
5:45pm-Finish cleaning up from school.....take a deep breath because I did it! Despite the hold ups, I managed to get it all done! Oh but wait...there's still dinner!
6pm-Start a dinner of Mac-N-Cheese with organic beef hot dogs (cause....come on....gotta have something that's not absolutely terrible for you!) and some mixed veggies!
6pm-7pm-Boys Skype with Grummy (My Mom)
7pm-Finally finished with dinner and boys sit down to eat.
7pm-7:30pm-I skype with my Mom
7:30pm-8pm-Time for 1 fun book, A few Bible verses (we're starting the story of Job) and prayer
8pm-This Momma crashes! Hardcore crashes! I realize I hadn't actually eaten yet. (not good!), I really should shower...but giving that up for the night. And I move to bed, relax with a bit of Mac-N-Cheese and Gilmore Girls and then promptly pass out!

And that my friends, is what a REAL homeschool day looks like! Full of "ooops" and "I can't believe I did that!" and "Can't I manage to make something healthier for my kids?" But ya know what? It's done! It's completely done! The day is over. And the important things were taken care of! Isn't that all that matters? Sure I could've done things differently! Like, not be pregnant, so that I had a thinking brain to not forget my phone charger for the 2nd time at work. Ha! Yeah, right! Much prefer having pregnancy brain for the sake of adding to our family! ;-)

Now, today is a new day! Time to tackle new problems and obstacles! For example, we have to school, before we head out the door for swim lessons! Because right after swim lessons are 3 Dentist appointments in a row! Watch this 1st Trimester Momma, juggle! In the words of Silento, "Watch me, watch me! Watch me whip!" :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment