For every shoe, leads a different life....

For every shoe, leads a different life....

Sunday, October 4, 2015

What Does a Homeschool Day Look Like?

So recently I've been getting a lot of questions about homeschooling. Questions about why we chose to do it, how we would do it, how on earth did I have the patience etc! So I thought I would blog what our planned first day of school is going to look like! I will continue to share our homeschooling experiences. For example, this is the planned day for TOMORROW! Goodness knows anything can happen between now and then! And we all know how often plans go awry! So, here is my perfect little plan! ;-)

8pm Sunday Night-Take boys to spend the night at their babysitters
3:30a.m.- Hannah wakes up, get's dressed, prepares for work
3:55a.m.- Hannah in car on the way to work. Maybe making time to stop off for coffee!
4:15a.m.- Hannah unlocks YMCA and sets about all her Manager on Duty, duties! ;-)
9:00am- Hannah leaves work to head to OB appointment.
9:20am- Hannah's OB appointment where they will draw tons of blood and hopefully I'll either see or hear our sweet babies heartbeat! :-)
Apx 10:30am- Arrive at sitters to pick boys up! (Favorite part of the day is getting to see them and have them run to me!)
11:00am- Home, settled in, changed and ready for school
11:05am- Stand in front of Flag in school room. Recite Pledge of Allegiance, Pray, memorize weekly Bible verse
11:10am- Sit down to our new homeschool "desks"


11:10am-11:45am-Schedule goes as follows per child
       Isaiah-Catechisms, write name using only visual aid, review counting, review colors, review shapes, sing alphabet, work on simple addition and do some fun coloring and stamping with their new Ninja Turtle Kit. 
       Collin-Catechisms, write name using visual aid only, count to 15 with Mom, color thank you cards for a birthday party that was almost a month ago, do some fun coloring and stamping with new Ninja Turtle Kit. 
12pm-Lunch time promptly followed by nap time! 


So that is what our morning is looking like! I had to share with you all my excitement!  I also have a few more pictures to share! 

Because Baby bump and desk view! ;-) 

Because not everyone wants to see baby bump and desk views! 

At the very end of the day, the last thing we will do, read one fun book, scripture and pray! And then I will kiss those precious faces and send them to bed! I had to take this picture because it made me giggle how closely C needed to sit to his Dad while listening to the Bible! 

And with that friends, this Momma is off to bed! Long day ahead of me, if you couldn't tell! ;-) 

My Dear Heavenly Father, I pray that you bless our upcoming school year! I pray that you give me much grace, patience and wisdom when it comes to raising my children. It's not easy and I know there will be some stumbles and flat out regrets. But I pray that you use me to guide these young souls closer to YOU. If anything, help me to continuing hiding YOUR Word in their hearts! I pray that this school year they will grow in spirituality and knowledge! Thank you for allowing me the privilege to stay at home with them and the wisdom and ability to listen when I felt YOU calling me to this life. Thank you for a husband who fully 100% supports it and is even willing to help teach when he can! In your precious wonderful name! 
Amen! 



No comments:

Post a Comment